I like to think I'm a brave person. That when faced with danger, I will prevail victorious. However, little by little, I'm starting to doubt my Ninja ability.
It all started a couple of weeks ago when Jeremy left for work. He leaves for work really early allowing me about an hour of really good, hard sleep. And I take full advantage. I spread out on the bed and probably sleep the hardest in that hour. Except on that particular morning.... Like I said, Jeremy had already left for work. The door was locked. I was in deep sleep mode when a strange man comes into my bedroom and awakens me. Unlike what I always envision happening in this moment, I freeze. I can't scream. I can't run. All I can do is lay there scared out of my mind. That is until the strange man speaks and tells me its okay he's Jeremy... my former favorite husband... who is profusely apologizing for scaring me...
Last week, Jeremy decided that putting his jacket in the closet was just too much work. So he hung it over our office chair in our guest bedroom. Honestly, it wasn't that big of a deal except I kept forgetting it was there. For two days, every time I passed the bedroom, I would think there was a man sitting in that chair and get totally freaked.
He, then, moved it to hang in our hallway. Same problem. I would forget, catch a glimpse of it from the corner of my eye, and then run for the corner. Finally, I told the jacket what I thought of it and threw it in the closet... It's just lucky I didn't pull out my pepper spray!
Then, I may have had a heart attack from being scared. Seriously. It was late Sunday night. Jeremy had fallen asleep on the couch and like any good wife I left him there so that I could have the bed to myself. I was in a deep, deep sleep when our bedroom door flew open with the loudest bang. I awoke scared, delirious, and with a throbbing chest. Of course, it was my wonderful husband who had woken up on the couch and decided that he wanted to come to bed. But did he really have to make his decision known to our neighbors??
So now, I am forced to "sleep" with a bat, pepper spray, and whistle. And since the pattern seems to involve Jeremy, I'm considering putting a bell on him... or at least tic tacs in his pocket...
January 19, 2010
January 4, 2010
and welcome to a new decade!
I have never been big on New Year Resolutions. Who wants to look back at the previous year and think, "Wow, I accomplished nothing I set out to." How depressing?! So I rebelled, but this year I rebel no more. I decided to invite resolution into my life.
1. I want to run in a 5K. I know, I know. I stink at running. I know, I know. I will complain the whole time and probably continue to be made fun of by family. But I will run in one. It may take me 3 hours (oh, I hope not!), but I will do it.
2. I want to learn to fight fair. I have a problem. When fighting with Jeremy, I fight to win. No matter what it takes. My voice gets loud and my words mean. It's absolutely horrible. I hate it. So this year, I've decided I want to change. If I can't be nice or listen, I should not be allowed to have a voice in the fight.
3. I want to be a little more laid back. I seem to be a bit dramatic at times... you know.. at times. And I'm sure it's a trait that Jeremy just loves about me. But I can, again.. at times, annoy even myself. I look back and think, "Wow, did I really just act like a 5-year-old to get my way?" And since I'm approaching an older age, I suppose growing up should come on along. (Oh, and yes, I said a "little more" on purpose. I've got to go slow, People. I'm no magician!)
4. I want to get on Worst Cooks in America. More on this in a later post, but, just know, this one will be the most challenging one to accomplish and I am fully up for that challenge. No matter how many videos, letters, or crappy meals I have make.
5. I'd like to have a 5th Resolution to round it out, but I can't think of one... Maybe you could help. What resolutions have you set for the new year?? Leave a comment! I'd love to hear them and maybe steal one or six! You know.. to round it out...