and welcome to a new decade!
I have never been big on New Year Resolutions. Who wants to look back at the previous year and think, "Wow, I accomplished nothing I set out to." How depressing?! So I rebelled, but this year I rebel no more. I decided to invite resolution into my life.
1. I want to run in a 5K. I know, I know. I stink at running. I know, I know. I will complain the whole time and probably continue to be made fun of by family. But I will run in one. It may take me 3 hours (oh, I hope not!), but I will do it.
2. I want to learn to fight fair. I have a problem. When fighting with Jeremy, I fight to win. No matter what it takes. My voice gets loud and my words mean. It's absolutely horrible. I hate it. So this year, I've decided I want to change. If I can't be nice or listen, I should not be allowed to have a voice in the fight.
3. I want to be a little more laid back. I seem to be a bit dramatic at times... you know.. at times. And I'm sure it's a trait that Jeremy just loves about me. But I can, again.. at times, annoy even myself. I look back and think, "Wow, did I really just act like a 5-year-old to get my way?" And since I'm approaching an older age, I suppose growing up should come on along. (Oh, and yes, I said a "little more" on purpose. I've got to go slow, People. I'm no magician!)
4. I want to get on Worst Cooks in America. More on this in a later post, but, just know, this one will be the most challenging one to accomplish and I am fully up for that challenge. No matter how many videos, letters, or crappy meals I have make.
5. I'd like to have a 5th Resolution to round it out, but I can't think of one... Maybe you could help. What resolutions have you set for the new year?? Leave a comment! I'd love to hear them and maybe steal one or six! You know.. to round it out...