March 23, 2011

A Hippo Kiss

We all know my love for hippos.

They are cute, large, and in charge. Just my kind of animal.

It seriously is a dream of mine to touch one. Or even to have my picture with them. Or even to see one's face at a zoo.

You see, on mine and Jeremy's honeymoon our first stop was the San Diego Zoo. I was so excited because I was going to see a hippo up close. I was a kid in the candy store.

We arrived at the zoo when they opened and immediately I got sick. I was insistent that we continue onward. How often would we really get to the San Diego Zoo?? And I was determined to see my hippo.

Honestly, this is how I spent most of the day.


It wasn't ideal, but the zoo is HUGE.  We would walk to one exhibit and then stop for a while. I'd puke. We'd move on. It was a great way to start a honeymoon. Jeremy is only so lucky.

We finally made it to THE Hippo. By that point, I could barely walk. I had already been asked by a security guard if I needed any help. And Jeremy had begged me to go back to the hotel to sleep. 

I responded that I didn't come all the way out to California to the San Diego Zoo to miss out on what may be my only chance at seeing a hippo. 

So you can only imagine how I felt when this was all I got to see of the hippo.


Yes, its rear-end and its poop. I sat right in front of it for over 30 minutes waiting... begging... praying... and not once did it turn around. Not once. All it did in that time was poop. I was heartbroken. You'd think this would hurt my love for the hippo since it betrayed me. But somehow we have survived. And my dream to see a hippo face-to-face lives on.

But that story really doesn't have anything to do with this post other than to further share with you my love for this dear creature.

This post is about Bradley.

Have you ever seen a hippo kiss?


Isn't it precious?? How could you not love hippos?? How could you not want one for Christmas??

Well, Bradley has decided that he loves hippos too. He loves them so much that he likes to imitate them by giving us hippo kisses.







Every time we go in for a kiss, Bradley opens wide to kiss us back. And there really is nothing better than a hippo kiss from one's baby.

No comments: