April 1, 2011

The Joy of Motherhood

Happy 100th Post!

I feel like I should have a fancy cake from Charm City Cakes, a champagne toast, and confetti. But alas it is just me and Bradley hanging out at home. Which is just as fun... especially since he now rolls over for me n.o.n.s.t.o.p.

The first time I was thrilled. I mean, I literally scared the kid because I squealed so loud. Parker thought I was cheering for him, "Good boy!! Good boy!!" And you can see it all below.



The back story is that this entire morning all I wanted was to see Bradley roll over. He came so close so many times while I watched. I have over 30 minutes of footage that I will not bore you with. He also rolled over every time I left the room. There was also one point in our fun morning that Bradley got upset, I picked him up, he spit up, I put him back down, I went and cleaned up, I came back, I turned around to warm my wet shirt by the fire, I counted to 5 (don't ask why- I just do random things like that), I turned back around and Bradley was on his stomach.......I was mad.

So I rolled him back over on his back and then hid me and the camera and waited. Sure enough he rolled over right in front of me!!! Hence, the freak out and pet/child cheer confusion. (Parker does tons of tricks because I cheer him. The same could work for Bradley, right?)

Well, my excitement quickly wore off as the rest of the day (l.i.t.e.r.a.l.l.y. the.rest.of.the.day) was spent like this:

Bradley rolls over.

I cheer.

Bradley smiles.

Bradley cries because now he doesn't like being on his stomach.

I roll him on to his back.

Repeat.

I was hostage to the two feet around him. And while I watched and waited for his cry a few of things crossed my mind. One, I need to be careful about what I ask for. Two, Bradley knows exactly how to torture me best. Three, he's growing up way too fast. And Four, I wouldn't trade this time with him for anything.

I love being his mom.

1 comment:

Mrs. Erven said...

Yay! Caleb hasn't rolled back to front yet, but he's close. :) He's a front to back roller, though!