September 8, 2011

The Peach Pie of 2011

Every couple of years, Jeremy and I have "the fight."

It's the fight that goes down in our history book as the most ridiculous fight in the world.

In 2009, it was "the poodle."

This year, it was "the Peach Pie."

It all started with a trip to some friends' of ours house. They commented on how my pictures of my peach cobbler on the internet look so yummy.The comment completely through me off guard. I smiled, but wondered if I really had made a peach cobbler. Then, as I got in my car, I realized that they had seen pictures of me making Bradley's baby food!

And that's when it began.

I thought, maybe I could make a peach cobbler.

So the next day I went to the grocery store and bought 13 peaches. Some for Bradley and some for the pie. (I decided that a peach pie might be easier than a peach cobbler since I could buy the crust.)

That night, Jeremy and I had this conversation.

Me: "I want something for dessert, but I don't know what."

Jeremy: "I thought you were going to make peach pie."

Me: "I don't want to make peach pie. I think I'll make it tomorrow. I kinda want ice cream."

Jeremy: "Do we have ice cream?"

Me: "No. And I don't want to buy ice cream. I think I want chocolate chip cookies."

Jeremy: "Do we have stuff to make them?"

Me: "No."

Jeremy: "How about some biscoff spread and nutella?"

Me: "No.. we are almost out of nutella and I like it for breakfast."

Jeremy: "Well, how about I go pick us up something for dessert?"

Me: "No... I don't want to go out."

Jeremy: "I'll go get it. What do you want?"

Me: "I don't know. You decide."

Jeremy: "I'll go to Dairy Queen. What do you want?"

Me: "I want chocolate chip cookies from Fresh Market."

Jeremy: "Are you sure?"

Me: "Yes."

Jeremy: "Do you want me to get anything else while there?"

Me: "Maybe a coke in a glass bottle? I don't know.. just surprise me."

Now, when I said surprise me I meant the coke and maybe nutella since we were almost out. My husband on the other hand thought I really wanted to be surprised by another dessert. Because of course I need two desserts, right?? Wrong.

So my sweet husband who went out to get me dessert came into our house with chocolate chip cookies, a coke, and (insert dramatic: dun, dun, dun here) a peach pie. Here's how our conversation went upon his return:

Jeremy: "Look what I got?"

Me: "What is that?"

Jeremy: "A peach pie! Now, you don't have to make one."

Me: "What do you mean? Did you not want me to make peach pie?"

Jeremy: "No.. I just thought 'now you don't have to make one.'"

Me: "What am I supposed to do with the 8 peaches I bought to make the peach pie?"

Jeremy: "I don't know. You could still make it."

Me: "So now, we'll have two peach pies. Will you be able to eat two peach pies??"

Jeremy: "I thought I was helping."

Me: "Helping?? How much did it cost?"

Jeremy: "$10. I thought it was on sale, but it wasn't."

Me: "You spent $10 on a pie?? One that I had all the ingredients to make??"

Jeremy: "Yeah..."

Me: "It better taste amazing."

Jeremy: "It is from Fresh Market."

Me: "So my peach pie is not going to be as good as Fresh Market's peach pie so you aren't going to eat it."

Jeremy: "I'll eat it."

Me: "It better taste better than theirs."

Jeremy: "I'm sure it will."

Me: "I don't think it can taste better than a $10 pie. And you'll eat two peach pies??"


Jeremy: "Yes, I'll eat two peach pies."

Me: "Good. Because I'm making it. I have to. And you have to like it more."

Jeremy: "I'm sure I will."

Me: "Don't lie to me."

And there you have it. The peach pie of 2011.

1 comment:

The Almeidas said...

I love this conversation and can see it happening over here too. :)