February 10, 2011

Nursery Update: It is finished... well almost


You have no idea how excited I am to share with you Bradley's nursery. I have been waiting for this day for MONTHS. Literally. I didn't want to show it to you until I received the final piece from my dad... which he delivered this past weekend! YAY!! So... here we go.

Welcome!


I'm going to walk you through each angle of the room and point out why I chose what. And let me warn you, there are a lot of pictures. Like I said- I'm kind of really excited to show you and so I may have gone a little overboard with the picture taking.


In designing Bradley's room, my main goal was to make it transitional. I wanted to choose pieces that grew along with Bradley. This is why we decided to use Bradley's dresser as a changing table rather than get a separate piece of furniture.

I love this area of Bradley's room. Last night, Bradley was having a fussy fit and so I took him upstairs and placed him on his changing pad. Instantly, he grew quiet. Jeremy asked me why I thought that this area calmed him down. I knew the answer immediately. This is has been a place where Bradley and I have truly bonded. We sing here. We laugh here. We talk here. We play games here. We give each other kisses here. I probably spend way too long changing Bradley's diapers, but it is in this place that I have his undivided attention. It can be 2 a.m. or 1 p.m. and Bradley will just stare at me cooing and smiling. I really love it.


These are on the dresser and are really the reason we chose to have a semi-sailboat theme. Jeremy has had these for forever. I thought it was a great way to bring a piece of him into Bradley's space.


Hanging pictures on plaster walls is enough to cause you to want to jump off a cliff. Seriously, it is the worst thing ever. I hate it with a passion. But the outcome is totally worth it.


The Diaper Champ. It is awesome. We chose it over the Diaper Genie because it takes any trash bag.


This is a HUGE laundry basket. I got it because I figured when Bradley is older we'd need a big one to hold his bigger clothes. However, even at 23 inches long, he already manages to fill it up about every other day.


 This is a random, fun find at Pottery Barn kids while on vacation. 



I wanted to show you a full picture before the close up. This is where we will hang Bradley's art, awards, doctorate degree, etc.



This was one of my BEST finds. Originally priced at $60, I got this wood mobile for merely $18! I was so excited. I searched for weeks for the perfect mobile. And I think I did alright. Oh! And apparently we have plaster ceilings too.... yay!


This is one comfy chair. I mean seriously. It reclines. It's suede. I could live in this chair. Thank you, Jeremy, for convincing me to get it. I love it.


And, of course, no room is complete without a big hippo.


Or a little one.


How fun is a fireplace in a bedroom??


Notice anything about this picture?? I'm all about the little things.


I chose to go with a clean look for the sheets. Also, the crib is convertible. It will turn into a toddler bed and then a full size bed as Bradley grows.


First, I must comment on the Pouf. It has changed my life and because of this I will have one in every room of our house. I got it from CB2.

And do you notice the storage bench?? Yes, this is the piece I have been waiting on.


My dad made this. Isn't it gorgeous?? Jeremy said it is definitely an heirloom piece. I couldn't agree more. My dad spent many, many hours contemplating and working on this piece. Every inch of it, he thoughtfully handcrafted.


You see how the back of the drawer is higher than the sides? This will prevent Bradley from pulling out the drawers. How cool??


This detail matches the detail on both the dresser and the crib.


And these knobs were chosen so that when Bradley climbs he won't hurt himself on them. Isn't my dad wonderful??

Designing this room has been so much fun. I still want to get a bench cushion for the storage bench and I'll be getting Bradley's going home outfit and baptism outfit framed to hang over the glider. But I just couldn't wait any longer to show you.

I hope you enjoyed visiting as much as I have enjoyed sharing.

Our next room is the living room. And, Lord, please help us all. It will be a doozy.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

OK I just had to say that I noticed the little red clock reads 12:12 so same as time of birth, but I also have to say I wouldn't have noticed it if you hadn't asked.... I do appreciate those little details as well....

Love the bench - I didn't know Mr Steve was a woodworker! looks great! My dad recently finished a bed for Spencer to match the one that Keith's grandfather made for him and now Ayden sleeps in, so we have 2 heirloom pieces in the same room! Love it!