March 3, 2011

Being Favorite (Video of the Week)

People say that parenting isn't a competition; it's about teamwork. But let's face it. Who doesn't want to be your child's favorite??

I knew that competing in this arena against Jeremy would be hard. Out of the two of us, he's definitely the nice one. He's also the most laid back and loves to play. I am also pretty certain that if our friends had to choose who to hang out with, he'd win there too. Heck, add my family in and it would be anonymous. Jeremy is just way cooler than me.

I knew that when it came to our child, I'd probably lose out there too... especially when we found out it was a boy. How could I compete against Mr. I'm good at every sport??

Yet, I had hope in the form of two boobs. Two boobs that would meet a need my husband never could. Those boobs were my hope.

But my husband just insists on being fun and cute. And since he's not home all day with our son, he's fresh and new. I just get plain boring by then.

It's true. One look at Jeremy and Bradley starts to smile and coo in a way that makes me want to grab him and run and remind him that I have the boobs. The boobs are supposed to help me out!

But alas, my son is enamored by his father and all things he does.

No comments: