June 27, 2011

Vacation in Orlando

A few months ago, Jeremy told me that he had training for work in Orlando and thought it would be fun for Bradley and I to go along.

A few months ago, I feared doing anything outside of our home.

But I didn't have any reason not to go since being a stay-at-home mom basically makes my schedule flexible.

So I told Jeremy, we'd see. (Classic non-committal response, right?)

Well, two months ago, he brought it up again.

Two months ago, I was more confident as a parent.

Two months ago, I was smart and asked my little sister to come along.

And two weeks ago, we went!

Before we left, I broke out in hives and wondered what I had gotten myself into. Packing for three people is slightly nightmarish add in a dog and you might as well say a prayer that you survive the event of packing. We looked like we were going cross-country not 6 hours away. And poor Rebekah had to fit all her belongings in a carry-on sized suitcase. Thankfully, Parker and all his things were being left with my other sister, Megan, and so that gave Rebekah a little more room.


The hotel we stayed in was really nice.

(view from our room)

It had four pools (a lap, kiddy, family, and adult), a golf course, running trails, and security guards at the entrance. But the best part was that within 10 miles was two outlet malls, one regular mall, IKEA, Universal Studios, and Disney.

(view from our room)

Yes, shopping was number one on my list.

We woke up a little late on Monday and so we ended up spending the morning in the hotel room while Bradley napped. I told Rebekah we'd go to the first outlet that afternoon.

At about 10:30 a.m., Rebekah commented that she was bored. I told her sorry. We have a baby. Go wonder the hotel.

At around 11:30 a.m., we left for the outlet.

At 4:00 p.m., we left to meet Jeremy at IKEA.

At 6:00 p.m., we went to the regular mall.

At 8:30 p.m., I suggested we take it easy the next day and just hang around the hotel and at the pools. Rebekah said that sounded like a great idea.

Yes, I am glad that Rebekah came along. Not only was she a wonderful help and fun company while Jeremy was so busy, but she was also great humor.


Can't wait to share more with you!

No comments: