July 5, 2011

A Conversation with Bradley

" Hey Bradley. What are you doing?"


 "Hanging on the couch with you. But only because it means I don't have to go to bed yet."

"But you'll have to go soon. You need sleep so that you can grow big and strong."


"You're silly, Mom. I'm already big and strong!"

"But you can be even bigger and stronger. Like your daddy."


"Daddy is way big and strong. He's goofy too."

"He is goofy. I like it."


"Yeah. Me too. I also like sweet potatoes, peas, carrots, bananas, oatmeal, squash...."

"Woah. You like a lot."


"Yeah. I do like a lot. It's all new."

"Yeah. I think if it were all new to me, I'd like it all too."


"Mom?"

"Yes, Bradley?"


"I think I am getting tired."

"You look like it."


"Am I that obvious??"

"Yeah. You are. But that's a good thing. It makes my job easier."


"Your job??"

"Yeah. Taking care of you, silly boy!"


"Oh! I guess that's an important job."

"It is and a fun one."


"Can I go to bed now?"

"Yes, Bradley. So that you'll grow big and strong."

"Like Daddy."

No comments: