November 10, 2011

Daylight Savings

Or should I call it Daylight Losing??

I have always been a huge fan of daylight savings. There is something about waking up to no sun that just seems unnatural to me. And so daylight savings makes my world more sane.

If only Bradley had inherited this need.....

I am seriously losing my mind over here. Last night, Jeremy and Megan both thought that I had a stroke. None of my sentences made sense once spoken. In my mind, they were perfect.

For instance, Parker was below Bradley's high chair and I thought, "I hope Parker is eating Bradley's food and not just sniffing it." But what I actually said was, "I hope that's Parker under Bradley's highchair eating that food."

Unfortunately for me, in out household if you do one thing silly, you will be made fun of the rest of the night. So all night every time Parker entered the room, he was asked if it was really him.

But now you get what's going on over here. We are putting B down at 7 and he's waking up between 4-6. We tried putting him down at 8 and he still woke up at 5 am!! Have you seen 5 am lately?? It's not pretty.

The worst part is that I get no sympathy from Jeremy. He gets up between 4:30 - 5:00 every morning. And we go to bed about the same time. So to him, I should be getting plenty of sleep. I should have no problems functioning.

Clearly, he is mistaken.

Internet, this is why I come to you: for pure sympathy.

You see, I really cannot function on little sleep. My son is a hurricane strength force that literally destroys my house each and every day. And all I want to be able to sleep until 7 am. That's it. Is that too much to ask of the person to whom I birthed. To whom I carried in my womb for 10 months??? To whom I feed and clothe??

I'll be frank. No. No, it is not.

No comments: