November 18, 2011

Thank you, Insomnia.

2 a.m.: I have a bad dream and wake up.

2:15 a.m.: I play Cross Fingers on Jeremy's iPhone.

3:00 a.m.: I try to sleep. Jeremy snores. Jeremy wrestles the sheets. Bradley starts to talk in his sleep. Bradley wrestles his blanket. Parker starts to scratch his bed.

3:45 a.m.: I give up and get ready for the day.

4:45 a.m.: Jeremy wakes up. Parker wakes up. I clean the kitchen.

5:30 a.m.: I make decaf coffee because. of course, when I only get 4 hours of sleep the ONLY coffee in our house is decaf.

5:35 a.m.: Jeremy makes the comment that he loves me being awake and seeing him off to work.

5:36 a.m.: I tell Jeremy that I would greatly appreciate if he'd sleep on the couch tonight so that maybe I can get a good night's rest.

5:45 a.m.: Jeremy leaves. I fold clothes.

8:00 a.m.: Bradley wakes up. Because only my kid would sleep in on the ONE day that I get no sleep and am actually awake and would happily get him earlier.

8:15 a.m.: Bradley is in a mood and being super annoying (i.e. throwing everything off the dresser, taking his socks off relentlessly). I tell him that I know he's doing this on purpose and I don't appreciate him annoying me on a day that I need an easy baby. He laughs so hard that Megan comes into the room. Only my kid.

8:30 a.m.: I need Chick-fil-A. I round up Bradley and Parker and we head out.

8:32 a.m.: Parker climbs into Bradley's car seat with Bradley. I tell both my boys that no good will come from this situation and they should reconsider. Bradley starts to happily and loudly talk to Parker. Parker cuddles closer.

8:34 a.m.: I am proven right when Bradley grabs Parker's hair and Parker growls. I tell Parker to move. He gladly does.

8:36 a.m.: Parker whimpers to get in the front seat. I start to question why I brought him. He obviously has no car manners.

8:45 a,m: We are back at the house and eat our breakfast.

9:00 a.m.: Bradley randomly starts to cry. I call Jeremy who asks Bradley what is wrong. He answers, "Mama." Great.....

9:15 a.m.: Both boys go down for a nap and I glare.

7 hours down, 12 to go.

No comments: