November 21, 2011

I am thankful

I have a confession to make to you. I have been hiding something from you out of pure confusion. It has come to pass that I have become June Cleaver.

(via)

I clean. I knit. I give jewelry parties. I even cook now. All with a smile on my face. I have no idea what is going on. The cooking thing is the biggest mystery of them all. I am cooking and/or baking all the time. And people are eating the food. And they are enjoying the food! It is absolutely insane. Jeremy would call it a miracle I'm sure. He gets this silly little grin every time we talk about this change that has taken place. It's almost as if in our house he's transported back to the 1950s and he's loving it. Makes me want to puke.

And it's just so odd. Even the cookies I think I completely mess up turn out to taste wonderful. I just don't get it.

Well, with all this new baking and cooking I have come across the need for more kitchen appliances. In particular, my eyes have been set on a KitchenAid Stand Mixer.

For over a two months, I begged Jeremy daily for one. I kid you not. I would bring it up in the morning before I cooked. I'd call while I was cooking. I'd especially mention it as he ate whatever it was that I had made.

We have researched, calculated how long it would take us to save up to buy one, thought about what we could live without... And all pointed to my dreams because clearly that would be the only place I could actually use one in this decade.

Then, Mr. UPS knocks on my door with this on his rolly thing.


I seriously lost my mind for about an hour. I couldn't take my eyes off of it. And I distinctly remember hearing angels singing the Hallelujah chorus.

You see, over the summer my Grandparents came to visit. And apparently while they were here, they took a look around and noticed I didn't have one of these and I needed one. It was a total God thing.

Two days before this amazing delivery, my Grandparents had called Jeremy and I to let us know that our Christmas gift was coming early so that we could use it over the holidays. I was extremely curious, but never in my wildest dreams would I have thought that this is what we would have gotten. It was beyond the perfect gift.


Isn't it gorgeous???

That night I decided that it must be used. My first item to make in it was a Halloween version of my Mexican Hot Chocolate Chip Cookies.


Soo good! And the KitchenAid was ah-mazing. It totally changes my entire cooking experience for the better. I have also made 3 batches pumpkin bread, a batch sugar cookies and chocolate chip cookies, and another batch of just the regular Mexican Hot Chocolate Chip cookies. It is phenomenal.

I am so thankful for my Grandparents and their thoughtfulness. To think that they had this planned since the summer and that I have been begging Jeremy for one since the summer without them knowing is just beyond concept.

Now, please excuse me while I go stare at it and try to think of the perfect name for it. Any suggestions??

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I am SO jealous! We registered for a red one and OF COURSE no one bought it! I know you are enjoying it and I look forward to oggling it next weekend!

Anonymous said...

"The Black Pearl".... SO happy for you! I absolutely LOVE mine too and am so thankful for the fun it brings into our kitchen. God is so good and so sweet to work through the hearts of your grandparents! Have a blast!