November 7, 2012

Veggie Tales and The Politics of a 23 Month Old

Yesterday was a big day in the life of our nation and our 23 month old.

Our nation voted the next President to run the country and my 23 month old saw Veggie Tales Live.


One should note that when I was eight months pregnant with B, Jeremy and I went and saw Sufjan Stevens live. This time it was Veggie Tales.  Oh, how life has changed!!

Veggie Tales was a really awesome and fun. I grew up watching it and love that B enjoys it almost as much as me. B did great considering it was late, there was the temptation of merchandise, he had been sick, and he had to sit still for a long time. He only needed one additional intermission. :-) He did really enjoy the songs and at the end decided to dance in the aisles.



I feel so blessed that Jeremy and I can take him to little things like this for him to enjoy.

After Veggie Tales, Jeremy left B and I to go to his weekly bible study. I put B to bed, but about two hours later he woke up crying and coughing really bad.  I quickly ran up and got him and brought him to my bed thankful to get some additional snuggles in while watching the election results.

Little did I know how much B would like the election results as well! The reporter would say something about some state and B would look at me nodding his head as if to agree with him or her and then add in his own comments. It was hilarious. So I decided to get his opinion.

Me: "Bradley, today we voted for our future President and we are watching to see who won. The two running are Obama and Romney. Who do you think will win?"

B: "Obama. Yeah. Obama."

Me: "You really think so? Your daddy and I were hoping Romney would win."

B: "Yeah. Dada. Mama. Nee. Yeah. Me. Nee. Yeah. No. Obama." (Obama was said with a nod.)

Me: "I think you might be right. It isn't looking good for Romney."

B: "Not good Nee."

Then, he continued with his nodding and adding his own comments to the reporter's. It definitely made watching the results much more enjoyable. I just wish I could have understood his additional comments! 

1 comment:

Andrea said...

You look so great for being 10 months pregnant! Prayers that she makes her arrival soon.