May 18, 2010

I only needed one item


Last week, I decided to go to the grocery store. At work, we've switched to a 4-day, 10-hour work week, which meant I needed to get snacks to make it through the entire day. Snack of choice: Macaroni and Cheese.

Yes, that's all I needed. Mac and Cheese. I went into the grocery store and went straight to my snack. Then, I noticed the rice packs right beside it. Mmmm. I like rice. It heats in the microwave AND it's healthy... much healthier than the mac and cheese. I grabbed two. (I left the mac and cheese in the basket... I mean, that is what I went for.)

As I was exiting the aisle, I noticed buy one get one free popcorn. Popcorn makes a great low-calorie snack. I grabbed two boxes.

Then, on the next aisle, I saw buy one get one free chips. A new barbecue chip. And then plain ruffles with dip. Great snack!

Before I knew it I was passing the bakery where the donuts were on sale. Having to be at work so early, I need something quick to grab on my way out. Donuts would be perfect.

Then, a thought crossed my mind. It's hot outside and there have been a lot of commercials for ice cream cones. I think I should get a pack. As I was walking to get the pack, I noticed blueberry waffles in the freezer section. I hadn't had eggos in forever. I definitely needed some. So I got that and my ice cream cones.

Then, I quickly exited the store before the genius who stock each shelf tricked me into buying one more item.

When I arrived at our apartment, I quickly told Jeremy not to judge and that apparently I went shopping while I was a little too hungry.

He decided that this week he'd do the shopping. Do you think he'll notice the items I added to list while he wasn't looking? I mean, it really didn't take long for me to go through my ice cream cones...

No comments: