August 2, 2012

Second Time Around

Going into this pregnancy, I knew a few of things:

1. I wanted a baby.
2. I hated being pregnant.
3. Pregnancy could be easier or it could be the same. Either way, it would be different to some degree.
4. Pregnancy would end.

What I didn't anticipate, was how much worse it would be or just how different my body would handle it.

Here's the thing. The second pregnancy is no joke. Your body goes from being pregnant for a second to being pregnant at 7 months in a matter of seconds.

By 10 a.m., I am ready for a nap. By 2 p.m., I am screaming for a nap. And at 9 p.m., I can't make myself fall asleep. At 11 p.m., I finally am about to fall asleep only to realize I have to pee. At 3 a.m, I have to get up again to pee. Then, at 7 a.m., I must wake up for the day. And this is every.single.night. Why must my body torture me so early???? I get it. I won't sleep with a new baby!! Please let me try to sleep before he/she shows up!! Geez...

Also, if you remember with Bradley, I suffered from SPD during my THIRD trimester. This time around... it hit at about 8 weeks. I was walking down the hallway one minute, then all of a sudden I wasn't. My hip came out of joint and I fell to the ground. I'm guessing by the time I get to the third trimester, they'll have me in a wheelchair.

My right, bottom rib... Yup, it's bruised for eternity.

My lower back?? You mean, it normally doesn't ache like this???

I've also got braxton hicks kickin' in slightly before they are needed,  pressure that is much like that of my child trying to push their way out prematurely, and a list of other things that Jeremy would say should not be put on the blog because it's too personal.

Oh! And then there are those lovely symptoms that I missed with Bradley. Bloody noses, arms and legs randomly going numb, the never ending headache, and, again, a list of other things that Jeremy told me to delete.

And so I have come to the conclusion that while Bradley may have been a parasite that slowly sucked the life out of me. This child is a flesh eating bacteria that is quickly eating me from the inside out. This one is a fighter and is determined to win over me. "Survival of the fittest," it taunts. This is also one of the reasons I think this child is a girl. She wants me to know that my reign as Queen is slowly coming to an end and I will no longer be "the fairest of them all."

Yup, she's going to destroy me.

2 comments:

Sarah H. said...

I don't think my comment went through, but it said something like this:

uh....
umm....
yuck! You don't seem to do pregnancy very well at all :( I am concerned about your limbs randomly going numb, have you had this checked out?

Jessica said...

Sarah: I talked to the crazy doctor in the practice I go to and he said it could be anything, but all the things would have to be tested after I give birth... But, then, my friend sent me a text the next day to say that in her pregnancy book, it mentioned pinched nerves being a common cause to numbness in limbs. This made sense so I am going with it. The doctor did say he would be much more concerned if the numbness never went away which it does so far. Yeah.. I really do not handle pregnancy well at all. Ha!